build world and kernel for multiple boxes

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Mon Jan 9 10:35:37 PST 2006

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 01:25:20PM -0500, DW wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I used to have a document that explained how to make buildworld and
> kernel on one box, and package it up/make binaries for installation on
> multiple systems.
>
> I can't find it anywhere, and google and me aren't getting along today.
>
> I have a bunch to make and don't feel like cvsup'ing, and building
> everything from source again over and over and over.

cvsup, buildworld and kernel on your fastest box, and then tar and
copy /usr/src and /usr/obj from that box to your slower machines. You
should be able to just run installkernel and installworld on them.
This all assumes that your kernel config files are identical.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>