/dev/eth0 question - prefer reply in next 20mins

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Sat Jan 7 21:59:25 PST 2006

At Sat, 7 Jan 2006 it looks like Peter Leftwich composed:

> On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Robert Slade wrote:
> > As the problem is with FC4 why not ask on their mailing list?
> > Rob
>
> Good point, and I apologize for the transgression.
>
> (With my PC off, I took out the NIC, tapped it, blew dust off it, rebooted and
> DSL worked fine!  Go figure.)

I've had instances where if a machine is a dual boot that one has to
clear the previous systems (residual) settings by powering off, then back
on.  Soft (re)booting from one OS to the other would not clear the
nic of prior settings.

Hope that helps.

--
Bill Schoolcraft