FreeBSD ftpd & Windows compatibility

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Sat Jan 7 15:29:24 PST 2006

On Saturday 07 January 2006 02:58 pm, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> or to be exact - Windows incompatibility with standards & FreeBSD
> server.
>
> the problem:
>
> Windows clients (like total commander) can't fetch or delete files
> with spaces in name - while it can create such file.
>
> are there any solutions?

I have used WS Ftp-pro for years and never had any problems with blanks.
I back up on to FreeBSD all of the music I convert into a lossy medium
and the artist names, albums, and track names all have embedded blanks.

I think there is a lite version that you can download for free.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

"Nunca te acostarás sin saber una cosa más"