Resolved: Need Assistance Upgrading Ethereal-0.10.13_3 to 0.10.14

Robert H. Perry rperry at gti.net
Fri Jan 6 21:25:56 PST 2006

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Need Assistance Upgrading Ethereal-0.10.13_3 to 0.10.14
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 00:52:21 -0500
From: Robert H. Perry <rperry at gti.net>
To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org

FreeBSD sphinx.my.domain 5.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE #0:

Ran into the following error while running portupgrade on ethereal:

==> applying extra patch
/usr/ports/net/ethereal/files/extra-patch-capture_loop.c
***Error code 1

Stop in usr/ports/net/ethereal.
Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
/tmp/portupgrade43330.26 make
** Fix the problem and try again.

The recommendation "Fix the problem and try again."
seems relatively straightforward, however...
Is this an error I should know how to easily fix?  Please advise.

Thnx

Just want to report that the error noted above did not re-occur during
this week's upgrade.  Have no idea how, or why.

Bob Perry