palm tungsten t3 (m550) on freebsd6 over usb

Harrison Peter CSA BIRKENHEAD PETER.HARRISON at DWP.GSI.GOV.UK
Fri Jan 6 01:32:02 PST 2006

>Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 01:25:45 +0000
>From: Kep Woof <kep.woof at gmail.com>
>Subject: palm tungsten t3 (m550) on freebsd 6 over usb
>To: questions at freebsd.org

>hiya,

>i've been trying unsucessfully to get my palm t3 to work with freebsd
>using either coldsync or pilot-link.  it seems to be detected ok in
>dmesg, and usbdevs -v:
>
>ucom0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
>ucom0: at uhub1 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
>
>Controller /dev/usb1:
>addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
>Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
> port 1 addr 2: full speed, self powered, config 1, Palm
>Handheld(0x0060), Palm, Inc.(0x0830), rev 1.00
> port 2 powered
>
>i've got ucom compiled into my kernel and uvisor loaded as a module.
>i'm just generally confused - what port should i be using?  /dev/usb1,
>/dev/ucom0, /dev/cuad1 and everything i try doesn't work.
>
>can anyone give me some pointers to help me troubleshoot this problem?
>even better, does anyone have a t3 working over usb?
>
>thanks for any help!
>

>kep

This is on 6.0 right? I use a Tungsten E and got caught out by the same thing when I upgraded from 5.4 to 6.0. Under 5.4 you connected to /dev/ucom0. Under 6.0 it's /dev/ttyU0. IIRC this change was documented in the release notes (not that I saw it until I'd spent a few hours head scratching). Now sync'ing fine with pilot-link.

HTH

Peter Harrison

This document is strictly confidential and is intended only for use by the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or other
action taken in reliance of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
Any views expressed by the sender of this message are not necessarily those of the Department
for Work and Pensions.
If you have received this transmission in error, please use the reply function to tell us
and then permanently delete what you have received.
Please note: Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are routinely monitored for compliance
with our policy on the use of electronic communications.