palm tungsten t3 (m550) on freebsd 6 over usb

Kep Woof kep.woof at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 17:25:47 PST 2006

hiya,

i've been trying unsucessfully to get my palm t3 to work with freebsd
using either coldsync or pilot-link.  it seems to be detected ok in
dmesg, and usbdevs -v:

ucom0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
ucom0: at uhub1 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected

Controller /dev/usb1:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
 port 1 addr 2: full speed, self powered, config 1, Palm
Handheld(0x0060), Palm, Inc.(0x0830), rev 1.00
 port 2 powered

i've got ucom compiled into my kernel and uvisor loaded as a module.
i'm just generally confused - what port should i be using?  /dev/usb1,
/dev/ucom0, /dev/cuad1 and everything i try doesn't work.

can anyone give me some pointers to help me troubleshoot this problem?
even better, does anyone have a t3 working over usb?

thanks for any help!

kep