Compiling Ports...

Crispy Beef crispy.beef at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 5 11:18:22 PST 2006

Am trying to get my head around the ports system, specifically custom options
when compiling.  For example I would like to install apache 2.2 under it's own
dir in /usr/local, say /usr/local/apache22.  If I was rolling my own version
using the configure script I would do:

./configure prefix="/usr/local/apache22"

With that everything would go into that dir, bin files, confs etc. etc.

I understand how to make use of the options stuff WITH_ WITHOUT etc. it's just
the installation prefix that's bugging me.

Have I messed something simple here?

Cheers,

--
Paul