Can't build mplayer-skins: checksum missing error

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Wed Jan 4 19:45:12 PST 2006

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 06:15:46PM -0500, Chris Hill wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to build mplayer-skins as part of an upgrade of GNOME.
> >I am unable to get around a weird error with a supposedly missing
> >checksum in mplayer. After I choose my options (the default skin
> >only), I get:
> >
> >===> Options unchanged
> >===> Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
> >===> Extracting for mplayer-skins-1.1.2_1
> >=> No MD5 checksum recorded for mplayer/.
> >=> No suitable checksum found for mplayer/.
> >*** Error code 1
> >
> >In multimedia/mplayer/distinfo I do have what appears to be MD5 and
> >SHA256 checksums. I have cvsupped my ports tree, distcleaned both
> >the mplayer and the mplayer-skins ports, and removed and rebuilt
> >mplayer, all with no effect.
> >
> >What else can I try?
>
> You could try "make -DNO_CHECKSUM install". Probably not a bad idea
> anyway, for this particular port.

I did try this, and it didn't work. I also do not have GREP_OPTIONS
defined, as another poster asked.

I ended up just installing the package, which worked, though
it required a download of 12MB worth of stuff I don't use.

I wish it were possible to just ship mplayer with the default
skin only, and leave the others in the mplayer-skins port; I
always have problems with this port and I never use anything
but the default.  But that's another issue.

Jesse Sheidlower