oracle on freeBSD

Daniel Gerzo danger at rulez.sk
Wed Jan 4 12:10:12 PST 2006

Hello eoghan,

> Hello
> Im wondering if there is any info on getting oracle running on
> freeBSD (im using 6.0). I have found this:

we have a section in handbook about setting up oracle, but it's
outdated now, though there are some people reporting it's still
possible to get latest versions of oracle running on FreeBSD.
check the handbook and try it yourself, you will need to set up a
linux compatibility for that.

also, if you get it running, could you please write some howto, so we
can update the handbook? (doesn't need to be in sgml markup, we will
make it by ourselves)

--
Best regards,
 Daniel                            mailto:danger at rulez.sk