check script for tcp connection

Halid Faith maslak at ihlas.net.tr
Tue Jan 3 05:17:19 PST 2006

Thanks a lot

I have installed monit from ports.
But I have a problem. monit daemon is running . But Although set daemon is
60 ( 1 minute interval) in any problem it send an email to sysadmin only
once time. I want the monit to send a mail every interval during any
problem.

my configuration is below;
in /etc/monitrc

set daemon 60           # Poll at 2-minute intervals
#set logfile syslog facility log_daemon  # Set syslog logging
#                                        # (facility LOG_DAEMON)
# set mailserver mail.bar.baz, backup.bar.baz port 10025, localhost
#
#                                        # Set localhost as a fall back
server
#                                        # if the primary mail server fails
#                                        # and the backup mail server fails
 set mail-format           # Set a default mail from-address for
  { from: monit at foo.bar }  # all alert messages emitted by monit
 set alert abc at domain.com  # Send alert to system admin on any event

check host test with address 192.168.1.111
    if failed icmp type echo with timeout 3 seconds then alert
#    if failed port 3306 then alert
    if failed port 81 protocol http then alert

What shall I do ?

Thanks