Source Update problems

Tim Holmes tim at unixtechs.org
Mon Jan 2 16:17:52 PST 2006

I've been trying to update source, and ports late and I can't connect.
I keep getting a message saying that connection is refused:

# make update
>>> Running /usr/local/bin/cvsup
Parsing supfile "/usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup8.FreeBSD.org
Cannot connect to cvsup8.FreeBSD.org: Connection refused

There's nothing to prevent this.  I don't block anything, and the only
thing that changed was that I'm trying to make this same machine my
wireless gateway as well.  I think the only thing I added was:

options         BRIDGE

I have the following in my /etc/make.conf:

SUPFLAGS=-L 2
SUP=/usr/local/bin/cvsup
SUPHOST=cvsup8.FreeBSD.org
SUPFILE=/usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile
PORTSSUPFILE=/usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile
DOCSUPFILE=/usr/share/examples/cvsup/doc-supfile

At one point I had a different CVS server listed, but I got the same
message.  Does anybody have any sort of ideas?  I can't even install
packages.  That BRIDGE option couldn't have done this, could it?  I can
access anything else with no problems.

Thanks for the suggestions.

tdh

--
       \./       |     Tim Holmes  --  em at il: tim at unixtechs.org
      (0Y0)      |         UIN: 17021091  -- AIM: tdh004