6.0 server

RJ ryanfirst at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 1 13:54:49 PST 2006

 I thaught it would be a good idea to setup a 6.0 server and test it out. Now I have a major headache and need some help.

 Setup:
 FreeBsd 6.0 fresh install, cvsup, make buildworld .. etc:
portsnap fetch, extract:
mysql41-server:
apache13:
php4: (all from ports)

 Apache starts and I get the "default" apache page. Made a page with <? phpinfo(): ?> and tested, no problems. Made a page with:  <?php
mysql_connect("localhost", "user", "password") or die(mysql_error());
echo "Connected to MySQL<br />";
?>
 When I navigate to the above page it's blank, chmod 777 and still blank.

 Shutdown Mysql and Restart:
  mysqladmin -u root -ppassword shutdown
restart using:
/usr/local/bin/mysqld_safe -l --log-error --user=mysql &

sockstat verifies mysql is on 3306 and /tmp/mysql.sock

   The page is still blank and after "refreshing" 3 time and cleaning the browser and the logs file don't show a connect or error. Flushed logs and checked.

   Apache file doesn't show any errors and "display errors" is turned on in php.ini.

Mysql was installed using, mysql_install_db, chown -R mysql:mysql /var/db/mysql/

 Where do I look now or, does anyone know what needs to be done?

 Regards