KDE 3.5 install probs (FBSD 5.4)

Michael C. Shultz ringworm01 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 11:57:46 PST 2006

On Sunday 01 January 2006 11:43, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> On Sunday 01 January 2006 12:51 pm, Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> > There is a perfectly good version of KDE in the ports tree, why do this?
>
> In his defense, that's only true if you consider the "perfectly good
> version" to be the one released last March, rather than the one released
> just over a month ago.
>
> Still, as much as I want to play with 3.5, I'll wait until the ports come
> along.  People much better at building it than I am are having problems, so
> there's not much point in me trying it.

I understand impatience when a new version comes out and it isn't in the
port's tree right away, but in the maintainer's defense:  I remember just
over a year ago when KDE used to crash rather regularly, now it is very
stable, he is doing a great job at maintaining that very complex set of ports
and deserves all of our patience and support. :)

-Mike