KDE 3.5 install probs (FBSD 5.4)

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Sun Jan 1 11:47:19 PST 2006

On Sunday 01 January 2006 11:40 am, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> On Sunday 01 January 2006 12:46 pm, nospam at apriori.net wrote:
> > Download the sources, untar them. They are supposed to play like
> > FBSD ports; cd into some directory and type make install. There is
> > a "meta" directory; here's what happens there:
>
> Seems like there's a pretty high probability that KDE expects GNU
> make instead of BSD.  That's the first thing I'd try.

On the kde at freebsd.org list, there have been discussions of 3.5. You
would have to check the archives but what I remember is that there have
been so many problems getting 3.5 to work on FreeBSD that they are
waiting for 3.5.1.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

"Nunca te acostarás sin saber una cosa más"