Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.15" not found

Chris bsd at 1command.com
Tue Feb 28 17:52:50 PST 2006

Greetings,
I had the same problem with that library just today. I pulled my hair out
with frustration trying (and failing) with portupgrade. *Until* I went to
the /usr/ports/databases/mysqlclient-directory and ran:
make deinstall

then ran:

portupgrade -fO <my-complaining-application-here>

That did it. I went crazy, because I tried: portupgrade -f <myapplication>
which didn't fix it because the upgrade barfed when it got to the mysqlclient
part, complaining that it was already installed (isn't that what the -f option
is for?!). So I did a: setenv FORCE_PKG_INSTALL and did it again. It worked
but the application(s) still complained about the mysqlclient library.
Eventually
I *boldly* added the O option after deinstalling the mysqlclient and
all applications
stopped complaining about the mysqlclient library. Go figure.

Hope this helps.

--Chris

Quoting chris at i13i.com: