Snapshots - can we use is for cloning disk(full restore to a newhard disk)

Gayn Winters gayn.winters at bristolsystems.com
Tue Feb 28 10:35:10 PST 2006

You ought to be able to clone a partition from a snapshot via backup
(from the snapshot) | restore (to another disk).  Doing this for every
partition should clone the FreeBSD system as of the snapshot.  I've
never tried it, however, and I'd be interested in hearing from someone
who has done it successfully.

-gayn

Bristol Systems Inc.
714/532-6776