shared irqs and freebsd

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Tue Feb 28 08:43:02 PST 2006

I had problem with my 2 NIC stepping on each other's IRQs.
I fixed the problem by doing two things.
I went into the bios setup and disabled sio1 and sio2 to release
their irqs
and also turned off the bios plug-n-play option.
My motherboard also had an option for type of operating system was
to run,
I selected non-windows option.

Then I moved the NIC cards around in different slots on the mother
board
until the boot bios summary screen showed me each NIC had its own
IRQ.

Worked for me.  Good luck.