4.X Binaries on 5.X or 6.X?

Don O'Neil don at lizardhill.com
Mon Feb 27 12:35:23 PST 2006

I haven't tried running them yet, I'm just asking since I'm planning on
building a new server and would prefer to use 5.x or 6.x rather than 4.11
which my old server is running.

I guess the best way to find out is to try... I was just asking if there
_could_ be any issues.

If you were in my position, would you install 5.4 or 6.0? I noticed there
are quite a lot of changes in 6.0 and it requires at least 5.3 for upgrade
purposes... So my question is, is it really ready for 'prime time'?