Welcome to the "freebsd-questions" mailing list (Digest mode)

Fred McCann fred at automaticrootbeer.com
Sun Feb 26 11:37:31 PST 2006

I'm trying to configure mod_authn_dbd to use a mysql database. I'm
running MySQL 5.0.18 and Apache 2.2 on FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE.

Here's what I have for configuration:

# Database Management
DBDriver mysql

#Connection string: database name and login credentials
DBDParams "dbname=UserDirectory user=readonly password=moo"

#Parameters for Connection Pool Management
DBDMin  1
DBDKeep 2
DBDMax  10
DBDExptime 60

NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.7

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.7:*>
         ServerAdmin admin at example.com
         DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/apache22/data
         ServerName intranet.example.com
         ErrorLog logs/intranet.example.com-error_log

         <Directory /usr/local/www/apache22/data>
                 AuthType Basic
                 AuthName "Intranet"
                 AuthBasicProvider dbd
                 Require valid-user
                 AuthDBDUserPWQuery "select password from
user_permissions where username = %s"
         </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

When I try to start apache, I'm getting a segfault:

fry# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22.sh onerestart
Performing sanity check on apache22 configuration:
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I've tried removing each config option one at a time, and the
offending directive is AuthDBDUserPWQuery. Is there something I'm
doing wrong here? I've verified that the server is running, the
username+password is correct, and the query is valid.

Is there anything I got wrong here? Is apr_dbd_mysql incompatible
with my version of MySQL, FreeBSD, or Apache?

- Fred