freebsd.org mailing list memberships reminder

Xavier Castll cstll at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 23 17:34:53 PST 2006

Hello FreeBSD gurus:

I am trying to install FreeBSD 6.0 in the following configuration:

SuperMicro X6DH8-G
Chassis compatible with board
2 Gigabite of Memory
Adaptec RAID 2010S with 3 SCSI hot-swapable Ultra 320 73 GB drives from
Hitachi (IBM)

The problem I am having is that after the three disk have been inerted and
FreeBSD is booting for the first time, the installation stops in the
following section:
md0: Preloaded image </mfsroot> 4423680 bytes at 0xc03070c

And it doesn't go any further.

The same thing happens if I try to boot with the ISO bootable cd.

Could you guys please shed some light in this problem as Supermicro support
says they do not support FreeBSD and we need the OS to work for a very
important application?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Xavier