arp: XXX is on rl0 but got reply from ...

Andrei Iarus poni1111 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 07:13:09 PST 2006

I have read a lot about this error message, but I have another  questions: What actually happens when this error occures? I mean what  can this error lead to? Is it enough to switch the specific sysctl  variable to stop the error (and all it can lead to)?  I dont think  so, then: Is the blocking of some of those packets the best solution to  this problem? (In my case, the problem is because the 2 NICs are  connected to the same network through the same switch).