Why did this work? (Flashplugin)

Vayu vayua at sklinks.com
Wed Feb 22 21:26:35 PST 2006

I installed linuxpluginwrapper, linux-flashplugin-6 and linux_base-8 through
ports.  No errors.  Created a libmap.conf with values appropriate for 6.0REL.

I followed the same procedure that I did 3 weeks ago that successfully got
flash playing in Konqueror on another FreeBSD 6.0REL machine.

Neither Konqueror nor Firefox would acknowledge flash (wouldn't play it,
didn't show it in about:plugins, nor give any errors when called from the
command line).    I deinstalled, reinstalled, I looked up each lib referenced
in the libmap.

Finally I made a link from the libflashplayer.so
in /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin6 directory
to  /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins.  That worked for Firefox (1.5) but not
for Konqueror.

Why did that work (what went wrong in my installation) and now what do I do to
get Flash playing in Konqueror?