bridge

Daim Willemse plz_daim at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 22 09:04:48 PST 2006

Hello all,

On my fine FreeBSD 6.0 box I am running a wireless access point. I set up
the interface and bridged it and all worked fine.

After that I wanted to install ISDN4BSD. Therefor I compliled a new kernel
after adding the ISDN4BSD code. The kernel compiled and it booted.

However. In the process the bridge if has gone missing. I added the line "
options BRIDGE" to the kernel configuration, but no bridging if. this is the
typical feedback I receive:

FBSD# ifconfig bridge0 create
ifconfig: SIOCIFCREATE: Invalid argument

What is the difference between the GENERIC kernel configuration and the
stock kernel. What differences makes the bridge if gone missing?

Thank you in advance.
Daim