using Realplayer codecs with mplayer

Andrew andrew.chace at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 07:56:54 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 11:39 +0200, Adi Pircalabu wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:59:14 -0600
> Andrew <andrew.chace at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to be able to use mplayer to play Realmedia files (more
> > specifically, streaming audio), but I can't seem to get it working
> > under FreeBSD. I have mplayer, realplayer and the win32-codecs ports
> > installed. mplayer and realplayer both work great, but mplayer refuses
> > to play Realaudio streams.
>
> Do you want to use MPlayer with Realplayer codecs? If so, you must rebuild
> mplayer using "WITH_REALPLAYER=1" argument for make.
> Bye

Thanks for the suggestion; however, after building mplayer with "make
-DWITH_REALPLAYER=1 install" and, alternatively, "make WITH_REALPLAYER=1
install", it fails with the error I posted before:

Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load:
avisynth.dll, /usr/local/lib/win32/avisynth.dll, /usr/lib/win32/avisynth.dll

So, I suppose I'll have to install ffdshow on a Windows machine, and
grab that dll. Hopefully that will take care of it.

-Andrew