Free BSD on Macintosh OS 10.3.9 ?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Wed Feb 22 03:37:44 PST 2006

Elisabet,

  I don't think you need the BSD base system to run Adobe Indesign
system.

  But, if you do then you have to do it this way:

1) backup all your data files from your iBook.  Unplug your ethernet
connection so
you have no network connection.

2) insert disk #1 of the Panther OS and boot with the C key to boot off
the CD

3) When the option comes up asking if you want to install OSX, select the
option
to completely erase the existing disk and reinitialize it.

4) Install Panther.

5) Before plugging in the ethernet cable, boot from the hard disk of the
iBook,
insert disk #1, and go to the additional installers and run the BSD
system installer.

6) Plug in ethernet cable and run Software Update.

Ted