How Do I Make a Bug Report?

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Wed Feb 22 03:11:49 PST 2006

On 2006-02-21 21:52, Chris Maness <chris at chrismaness.com> wrote:
> I found out why I was not able to log in to my new CUPS installation
> web interface.  The ports patched source tree installation put the
> CGI files in the wrong place.  I moved them to where they are
> supposed to be and now I can log in.  How do I formally complain
> that this port is screwed up.  I had e-mailed the port maintainer
> and did not receive any response.

Hi Chris,

You can submit a bug report for one of the FreeBSD components in one
of two ways:

    1. Through email.

       You must run the send-pr(1) or the sendbug(1) utility on a
       FreeBSD system that has a working email setup.

    2. To post a bug through the web interface, point your favorite
       browser at the address:

           http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.hmtl

Before submitting a bug report, please make sure you read the bug
reporting guidelines.  These guidelines, in the form of a short
article titled ``Writing FreeBSD Problem Reports'', can be found at:

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/problem-reports/index.html

Since the problem you describe seems to be related to ports, please
make sure you select `ports' as the `Category' of the bug report.

- Giorgos