GTK/Glade autogen issues

Tom Grove freebsd at voidmain.net
Tue Feb 21 09:21:14 PST 2006

I'm trying to build a simple hello world using glade.  I've actually
built this code on this system before and now after a few months and
several ports tree updates it doesn't work.  When I run autogen.sh
within the glade built directory I receive the following error:

syntax error near unexpected token `PACKAGE,'

I run:

setenv ACLOCAL_FLAGS "-I /usr/local/share/aclocal -I
/usr/X11R6/share/aclocal"

before autogen.sh.

Here's a little info about the system:

6.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE

autoconf-2.13.000227_5
autoconf-2.59_2
automake-1.4.6_2
libtool-1.3.5_2
libtool-1.5.22_1

Also, if anyone knows of something similar to glade as in gui designer
with C as the development language I would really like to know about
it.  Thanks.

-Tom