Issues with new soundcard

David LeCount snailboy1 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 14:59:02 PST 2006

Okay, I've almost got this sound issue figured out. I
am able to get my volume back by unloading and
reloading snd_ich. However, any time I restart X,
there is no volume again. I can't figure out what in
the hell X has to do with my sound driver. It occured
to be that artsd might have something to do with it,
but if I disable and reenable artsd, I still have
volume, whereas if I disable it (still having volume)
and then restart X, I lose volume. Again, my main and
pcm volumes are turned up, so I don't really know what
it's doing. Does anyone have any clues before I file a
bug report?