Keyboard / xkbcomp trouble with xorg 6.9

Tino Boss tino.boss.1 at students.unibe.ch
Sun Feb 19 12:50:22 PST 2006

Hi all,
I have 5.4 and recently upgraded my ports. Now my keyboard settings in X
don't work properly anymore. It seems I lost my swiss-german keyboard
layout and have a german one now, so it's kind of half-functional. For
example it's not possible to switch to the console by  Ctrl-Alt-F1.
After killing X I can see the the following msg on ttyv0:

The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
 > Error:            Can't find file "pc/de_CH" for symbols include
 >                   Exiting
 >                   Abandoning symbols file "default"

settings in xorg.conf:
    Option "XkbRules"   "xorg"