fresh install, portupgrade fails on xterm

Xn Nooby xnooby at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 12:09:00 PST 2006

its depressing when a fresh install fails

i followed my normal fail-proof slow method of updating a fresh install, and
it fails to update xterm, some of the messages are:

==> xterm-206_1 conflicts with  installed packages:
   xorg-clients-6.8.2
*** Error code 1

** Listing the failed packages
  ! x11/xterm (xterm-203) (install error)
   * x11/xorg-clients (xorg-clients-6.8.2)

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 6.1.  I hadnt even gotten to configuring with
X, so I was surprised there was a problem there.  the command tat generated
the error was:

   portpgrade -arR

I'm guessing other people will also be getting this error soon.