Firefox 1.5.0.1 port

Joseph Vella vayu at sklinks.com
Fri Feb 17 18:52:46 PST 2006

> Hello,

>    I have installed the firefox 1.5.0.1 browser port -- the
> latest version -- but everytime uses the pc speaker and I
> get a constant "beep!, beep!, beep!".

>    Anyone knows the solution to this problem?.

>    I've searched in preferences and about:config url, but
> nothing seems to be the right option to disable the constant
> beep. Also, google doesn't have information about this problem.

A google search with "firefox beep" returned this:
http://www.plogue.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=8462&

Firefox's find 'beep' sound OFF

Tired of stepping in your chair everytime you use the firefox find toolbar?

type:

about:config

in your address bar and set

accessibility.typeaheadfind.enablesound to false.

there ya go, stupid built in sounds should be banned from all apps.

</rant>

<rant> I forgot, i have a terrible headache </rant>