debugging kernel code..

divyesh shah divs_83 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 14:41:55 PST 2006

I have added a system call and a somple program which
uses that call. However, I need to debug my system
call code. gdb doesn't help as it doesnt allow me to
step into kernel level code from my user test program.
Is there any way I can write debug information(say
like printf statements)? I have seen some kernel code
using printf's but I wonder where would they be
printed out. Is there some kind of kernel log file??

Please help

-Divyesh Shah.