Set up routing?

Kövesdán Gábor gabor.kovesdan at t-hosting.hu
Fri Feb 17 10:19:44 PST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to set up an additional routing for a host via a VPN tunnel
with IPsec. The tunnel is working now, I see tcp packages going out with
tcpdump, but IMCP host unreachable packages coming in from the VPN peer.
What I did:

route add A.B.C.D W.X.Y.Z

Where A.B.C.D is the target machine and W.X.Y.Z is the VPN peer. Now
when I type netstat -rn, I see in these first two entries:

server# netstat -rn
Routing tables

Internet:
Destination        Gateway            Flags    Refs      Use  Netif Expire
default            P.Q.R.S        UGS         3 5369402848    sk0
A.B.C.D        W.X.Y.Z      UGHS        0      667   gre0

It seems good to me, but it doesn't work. Am I doung something wrong?

I can reach the VPN peer with traceroute, but not the A.B.C.D machine.

Thanks in advance,

Gabor Kovesdan