How would you improve FreeBSD?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Fri Feb 17 09:41:34 PST 2006

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Kristian Vaaf [mailto:vaaf at broadpark.no]
>Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 5:24 AM
>To: Ted Mittelstaedt; questions at freebsd.org
>Subject: RE: How would you improve FreeBSD?
>

>No need to be so FUCKING arrogant.

Hey, I was not trying to be arrogant, I was trying to be a smartass.

Please keep in mind that your posting to a mailing list that is
pretty well populated by FreeBSD proponents and when you
say things like:

"I am trying to paint a gloomy picture of where FreeBSD is headed."

your asking for trouble.  If you had said you were trying to paint
a bright hopeful future for FreeBSD I would have been a lot gentler.
But the language your using is pretty unambigious, in my opinion,
you are basically saying point blank your here to cause trouble,
well you got trouble, so why are you complaining?

People don't come here to read gloom about FreeBSD, they
can go to the Linux groups for as much of that as they want.

I'm not exactly sure how painting a gloomy picture of anything is
supposed to help matters.  When I paint gloomy pictures of
the GPL and of Linux's lack of support for SATA I am certainly not
out to -help- them! :-)

Ted