kdm and fluxbox

RYAN M. vAN GINNEKEN luck at computerking.ca
Thu Feb 16 21:32:07 PST 2006

Thanks to all and i will take your advice Norberto as i do not really like kde that much anyway.  If i wanted window i would just install windowsxp or maybe vista would be more like Kde any how i digress.

I am tiring to set up wdm and added this line to my /etc/ttys

ttyv8   "/usr/X11R6/bin/wdm -nodaemon"  xterm   on  secure

followed the instructions below found on the fulxbox site but it does not quite work

http://fluxbox-wiki.org/index.php/Howto_add_fluxbox_to_wdm

I get the wdm ok beasty is there, very cool backgound i might add, seen it used in a theme somewhere. No matter what i pick for a windows manager i get the stock Freebsd one wmaker i think? u know the one with the terminal and green menu bars very vanilla.  An exception to this kde still works and failsafe gives me control of the terminal window bottom right.

Also i removed a bunch of managers out of the wdm-config file as i was not using them like this.

DisplayManager*wdmWm:           wmaker:enlightenment:gnome:kde:fluxbox

I still get failsafe and wmaker where do us suppose these come from.  Kde still works but not enlightenment gnome or flux box

please help