sos: boot fail

Pirat SRIYOTHA pirat at access.inet.co.th
Thu Feb 16 19:11:33 PST 2006

hi sirs,

i have many problem with gnome2 2.12 once i upgraded to 6.0.  i finally
re cvsup to 5.4 release and did a sery of make {build,install}world and
make kernel to 5.4 generic kernel.

while in 5.4 generic kernel i did pkg_delete -fa and start from nill
making xorg, teTeX, docproj-jade, xemacs, gnome2 without any problem at
the same time i did a customized kernel with many problem.  i had to
disable sio, parallel port and so on.  after finished making gnome2, i
startx i got a black text screen in a few second.

so my instink told me that may be because of kernel so that i did reboot
to a new kernel and i got this staring at me

instruction poiter             = 0x0:0xa00
stack poiter                       =0x0:0xffe
frame pointer                    = 0x0:0x0
code segment                    = base 0x0, limit 0x0, type 0x0
                                            = DPL 0, pres 0, def32 0, gran 0
processor eflags                = interrup enable, vm86, IOPL = 0
current process                 = 0 ()
trap number                       = 30
panic: unknown/reserved trap
Uptime: 1s

i can not boot into single user mode or safe mode.

please help me.  and cc to me too.

thanks in advance for any helps and hints

with best regards,
psr