Help Installing FreeBSD 6.0 with GUI

Igor Robul igorr at speechpro.com
Wed Feb 15 22:11:59 PST 2006

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 05:04:01PM +1100, Norberto Meijome wrote:
> 1) once you installed the graphics/dri , how do you enable them in
> xorg.conf?
Unfortunately I cannot tell you about configuration you need for 855G,
but at least you need load kernel module for 855G, and place
Load "dri"
Load "glx"
to "Module" section of xorg.cfg

> 2) can you define what is 'good performance with glxgears'? I get about
> 200 fps... but GL-based xscreensaver modules push very low fps.
I have about 750 fps on Radeon 9200 at home with installed
graphics/dri, and I have same fps with native nVidia drivers at work on
GeForce MX440.