[Total OT] Trying to improve some numbers ...

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Wed Feb 15 21:37:27 PST 2006

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 01:01:33 -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> FreeBSD is showing 4th place right now behind Linux, SunOS and Netware for
> Average Uptimes ... with ours being an average of 120 days

Which shows yet again how utterly worthless this kind of rating is.

So here's the problem as *I* see it: Do you participate in such
silliness for dubious PR value at the risk of supporting the use of
invalid methodology, or do you refuse at the risk of appearing to have
something to hide?  Now, the way I frame this makes pretty clear *my*
preference, but possibly others have other ways to frame it.

--
David Benfell, LCP
benfell at parts-unknown.org
---