Stale Dependancy

Bob Perry rperry at gti.net
Wed Feb 15 20:08:23 PST 2006

Chris Maness wrote:
> This might be Newbie question:
>
> What is the cleanest way to resolve stale dependency with
> gamin-0.1.5_3.  I think I remember seeing a message that it merged into
> fam.  I did a portupgrade -a, and it's still there.  I was surprised
> this was not self cleansing because I used CVSUP to sync my port tree.

Hi Chris,
I ran into a stale dependency situation where I thought gamin-0.1.5_3
was replacing fam.   I posted the issue and received the following
command which replaced fam:

"You can only have one (fam or gamin) installed.  The following command
will replace fam with gamin:

 > > portupgrade -o devel/gamin -f fam"

I posted my message around 1/31.  You may want to review archives and
determine if this may apply to your situation.

Bob Perry