Syslog

Noel Jones noeldude at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 12:13:54 PST 2006

On 2/15/06, Peter Ankerstål <peter at pean.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get syslog to log on a remote host. This part is really
> not a problem, but when I try to define at the "loghost" to which files
> i want to log my incoming logs I don't get anything to work. I cant find
> anything in the manual either.
>
> I've tried this:
> +sphere
> *.*                                             /var/log/sphere/messages

Read the syslog.conf and syslogd man pages carefully, they contain all
the info you need.
You probably need to adjust the syslogd entry in /etc/rc.conf to
remove the -s option, and add -a RemoteIP.  Then stop and restart
syslogd before continuing your test.

You also likely need to clear the "program specification" in
syslog.conf by using:
!*
+sphere
*.*      /var/log/sphere/messages