RELENG_6 and a Razer Copperhead mouse don't work

lars lars at gmx.at
Wed Feb 15 10:57:23 PST 2006

> I have a Diamondback that works well under Xorg and console:
>
> ums0: Razer Razer Diamondback Optical Mouse, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2,
> iclass 3/1
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Mouse0"
>         Driver      "mouse"
>         Option      "Protocol" "auto"
>         Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
>         Option          "Buttons" "5"
>         Option          "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> EndSection
>
> I think that enabling usdb in /etc/rc.conf will kickstart moused,
> giving you console access to the mouse; and this even though moused is
> disabled by default in /etc/defaults/rc.conf.
Thanks, it was the entry in /etc/rc.conf which I changed to:

usbd_enable="YES"

moused_enable="YES"
moused_type="auto"
moused_port="/dev/sysmouse"

Before, it was with
moused_port="/dev/ums0"

It's a bit jumpy, not to say erratic, and selects things by itself,
but maybe I need to twiddle with some settings in KDE.
But it works now, neat.

Thanks a lot for the pointer, Joe.

Regards,
lars.