mount_smbfs performance

Nenad Mihajlovic nenad at venturis.hu
Wed Feb 15 07:09:13 PST 2006

Hello all,

I have the smbfs performance problem while connecting to the Windows
(w2k3) share in the AD environment, wint 6.1-PRERELEASE - with the
filesystem mounted through mount_smbfs i get 300-350 kBps (kiloBytes
per sec) speed, while through the smbclient i get the speeds in excess
of 8MB/s.
Is this possible bug in mount_smbfs or just the simple misconfiguration?
I have configured the /etc/nsmb.conf file as per manual and it really
gets connected nicely but afterwards it presents me with catastrophic
results.

With respect
Nenad Mihajlovic