Odd daily run output.

Jimmie James jimmiejaz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 04:41:16 PST 2006

>> Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
>> /dev/ad0s1e    253678    -1358   234742    -1%    /tmp

> >I know there's 8% reserved for softupdates, but how is it possible
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^
>Not for soft updates, but generally for root to be able to work in case
>of a problem, i think.

>> that there's _extra_ space on /tmp ?  What am I missing?  This is the
> >first time I've seen this.

>Run fsck(8) on this file system must solve this.

fsck(8) seems to have cleared it:
/dev/ad0s1e    253678       16   233368     0%    /tmp

What I find out, is that fsck ran at boot in the background, I was under the
assumption, the reason for that, was to fix any problems, so your machine
would come back up in a usable state, and not need any intervention.
 /me goes back to the man pages.

Thanks!

Jimmie