best approach to clone a disk?

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Tue Feb 14 19:26:39 PST 2006

Thanks Steve,

These were the exact instructions I started with, only on a different
page....

The problem with these for me is that dump caused a core dump. I've
been trying to run dump while booted up from a Freesbie CD, but I was
getting "unknown file system" errors I didn't know how to deal with.

I'm going to try g4u next, but I'm surprised that what I originally
thought would be a simple task has turned out to be such an amazing
chore =(