best approach to clone a disk?

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Tue Feb 14 15:25:58 PST 2006

Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

>On 2006-02-14 13:19, Joe Auty <joe at netmusician.org> wrote:
>

>>What is your strategy for dealing with disks of different sizes, like
>>mine are?
>>

>See a very similar thread which started a few days back:
>
>http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2006-February/112498.html

Yes, and I just posted a brief report on my experience with
this today, with the same thread subject line.

Other than the fact that Giorgos had forgotten three keystrokes,
which I corrected in my "one for the archives" post this morning,
I have a feeling my 12-year-old son, or at least my college age
"apprentice" could have cloned a FreeBSD installation in a relatively
short period of time with dump | restore.

Or maybe a trained monkey.  Nah, nevermind....

Kevin Kinsey

--
Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.
		-- Alan Watts