acl inherit and protected access control flags

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Tue Feb 14 09:14:16 PST 2006

Greetings People:

In setting up a Samba server w/ACL support I note the following from
Samba docs regarding map acl inherit:

"This boolean parameter controls whether smbd(8) will attempt to map
the 'inherit' and 'protected' access control entry flags stored in
Windows ACLs into an extended attribute called user.SAMBA_PAI. This
parameter only takes effect if Samba is being run on a platform that
supports extended attributes (Linux and IRIX so far) and allows the
Windows 2000 ACL editor to correctly use inheritance with the Samba
POSIX ACL mapping code."

>From what I garner from the FBSD man pages on ACL FreeBSD does not
implement the inherit and protected flags.  Can someone please confirm?

Please cc as I'm not subscribed to fbsd-questions.

TIA-

--
Best regards,

Ken Gunderson