IPFILTER rule error

chris at i13i.com chris at i13i.com
Mon Feb 13 17:38:14 PST 2006

> Hi,
>
> I'm running FreeBSD 6.0, IPFilter 4.1.8(416).
>
> Setting line for rpc outbound calls
>
> pass out quick on rl0 \
>   proto udp from any to any port = sunrpc keep state group 20
>
> gives me this error:
>
> ioctl (add/insert rule): No such process
>
> What is the process i'm missing?
>
> Regards,
> muxas

Hello,
By default freebsd doesn't have any firewall's compiled into the kernel or
loaded as kernel mod's so you need to add ipfilter_enable="YES" to rc.conf
and type in kldload ipl so you dont have to reboot the machine and also
make sure you add a simple rules to allow all or youll look yourself out
as it defaults to deny all hope this help a bit.