bsd-airtools

Jeff Cross jeff.cross at averageadmins.com
Sun Feb 12 09:38:42 PST 2006

kalin mintchev wrote:
>> not positive, but i think this no longer works...
>>

> ok..  thanks. i found it in the net-mnmt ports. why is it there if it
> doesn't work?
> is there anything else like it in the ports (or online)?
>
> thanks..
>

>> On Sat, 11 Feb 2006, kalin mintchev wrote:
>>
>> :
>> :  hi all...
>> :
>> :  anybody successfully used bsd-airtools?
>> :
>> :  i tried the dstumbler to look at my access point at home but nothing
>> :happens. i do get the interface with all the options but after that
>> :nothing shows up no mater which option i use...  any ideas?   thanks....
>> :
>> :_______________________________________________
>> :
>> :
>>
>> --
>> arr at watson.org

As I said in a previous post, the dstumbler portion of the bsd-airtools
works for me by doing the following:

# ifconfig wi0 up
# dstumbler wi0

Also, kismet is a really good tool for detecting wireless networks as
well.  It is available in the FreeBSD ports tree at
/usr/ports/net-mgmt/kismet.  However, I can only get this app to work
with my Atheros (ath0) card, a Linksys WPC55AG.

Jeff