xmule && 6.0-REL

guru at Sisis.de guru at Sisis.de
Fri Feb 10 23:43:44 PST 2006

El día Friday, February 10, 2006 a las 02:28:43PM -0500, Lowell Gilbert escribió:

> guru at Sisis.de writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've tried to install xmule in 6.0-REL from the ports
> > collection, but the port is broken:
> >
> > # cd /usr/ports/net/xmule
> > # make
> > ===>  xmule-1.10.0.a is marked as broken: Incomplete pkg-plist.
> > #
> >
> > the FreeBSD homepage shows a recent version but in a tree which
> > 6.0-REL not has: /usr/ports/net-p2p
> >
> > What is the correct way to update this tree into my 6.0-REL?
>
> See the FreeBSD Handbook chapter titled "The Cutting Edge."
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cutting-edge.html

Thanks for the hint but I don't belong to the 3 groups of persons
mentioned in chapter '21.2.1.2 Who Needs FreeBSD-CURRENT' :-)
I can't put CURRENT on my notebook and lock me out of the world
if is does not boot anymore. I only wanted to test a small piece
of the ports collection.

So what. I've fetched the source tree of xmule-1.10.1.rar which
compiles fine on 6.0-REL with just './configure ; gmake install'

	matthias