Help Installing FreeBSD 6.0 with GUI

Robert Slade bsd at bathnetworks.com
Fri Feb 10 23:34:19 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 22:24, Alexandre Adao wrote:
> I am VERY new on FeeBSD and I installed it using the
> standard option. How can have freeBSD 6.0 runing on
> GUI? Is there any step by step proceedure?
>
> Thanks for any help.
> --Alex

Alex,

Welcome

Every thing you should need to know is in the handbook. You will need to
read the section on installing Xwindows, then chose a Desktop
environment (Gnome or KDE).

There are some minor issues with nvida video 3d cards but there are
nvida drivers for BSD. ATI cards are a bit more of a problem. In both
cases search the mailing list archives the info is there.

Rob